By Brandon Lemons
In the weeks leading up to Easter, Friedens is hosting a prayer meeting on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm via Zoom. Each week, there is a time for giving God thanks and praise, praying for the specific needs of individuals in the church family, and praying for a “theme of the week.” This week’s theme is Friedens’ outreach into the surrounding community. Regardless of whether you join tonight’s prayer meeting, I (Pastor Brandon) encourage you to pray for the people and topics listed below.
Relevant Bible Passages
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
2 Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Suggested Prayer Topics
· That the people of Friedens will be proactive in praying for the people around them to come to know Christ.
· That the individuals who are on the 40 Days of Prayer lists will become followers of Jesus.
· That Friedens will be known in the community as a warm, welcoming church.
· That people will be coming to faith in Jesus through the relationships and ministries of Friedens Church.
· That people in our community will thirst for something more in life than what they are currently experiencing and that they will recognize that Jesus is the One who can fulfill their deepest thirsts.
· That the Friedens Family will be wise in their interactions with those who don’t know Christ and will represent Him well.
· That God will work through events like Blood Drives that Friedens hosts to draw people into the church family and to Christ.
· That when people invite friends to church activities, the friends will connect well with others and with God.
· That the Friedens Family will have identify and make the most of opportunities for ministering to people in the surrounding community.
· That God will cause the spiritual seeds to grow in the surrounding community that the people of Friedens have planted and watered.